Croatia Central Cruising Area
Split, Trogir, Skradin, Kaprije, Vis, Hvar
Your itinerary will depend on the length of your cruise and your interests.
This circular sailing route starting from Split cruises north visiting different islands and ports every day : Trogir, Skradin, Primosten, Vodice, Kaprije, Kornati, Brac, Palmizana in the Pakleni Islands, Hvar, Viz Island.
You can explore the ancient towns and discover a traditional taverna for dinner ashore. At lunch we stop at a quiet bay for a swim in the clear blue water and lunch on board.
- Split to Trogir - Embark and sail to a lunchtime swim stop in a bay on the west coast of the island of Brac. After lunch sail to the medieval island town of Trogir. A thriving port with a beautiful ancient stone quay and a charming selection of back streets and traditional restaurants.
- Trogir to Rogoznica - A gentle day following the rugged coast from Trogir to our overnight port of Rogoznica. The old fishing port Rogoznica is a colourful yachting haven with a great selection of cafes and restaurants along the waterfront and a modern marina.
- Rogoznica to Mirine - we head north calling at Primošten for lunch before passing Krbela island to a quiet anchorage at Mirine. This is an ideal spot to spend the night at anchor and enjoy dinner on board. The pleasure of anchoring in a bay means that your breakfast swim is just at the bottom of the ladder!
- Mirine to Skradin - Sail to the Šibenik channel to start our 12 mile passage up the Krk river fjord to the ancient Roman village of Skradin. On the way we pass the mussel and oyster beds growing in the semi salt water and we can stop for lunch and a swim in the lake. Skradin has interesting art shops, cafes and a wide choice of restaurants and is very close to the Krka National Park. No visit to Skradin is complete without testing the local wines at Maté's wine bar and enjoying a plate of Dalmation cured ham with fresh bread and onions from the village gardens.
- Krka National Park to Vodice - Walk round the old town or to visit the Krk river water falls in the Krka National Park. A ferry boat takes visitors to the beautiful waterfalls. Rejoin the yacht for our return journey back to the sea and a short sail to reach the coastal village of Vodice. This colourful port has a lively harbour and a good selection of restaurants for our evening mooring.
- Vodice to Kaprije -We head west to the islands anchoring in the sheltered bay of Potkucina on the island of Kakan. This is a great spot for lunch and swimming and just a short sail from our overnight mooring on the island of Kaprije, a delightful tiny village with a general store and a handful of tavernas with a good choice of fresh fish.
- Kaprije to Vis - Sail to the island of Vis. This was a military island and the location of Tito's villa, but it is now open to visitors and has a hidden British influence. It has a cricket pitch in one of the vineyards! The harbour side town is bustling with yachts and a good choice of restaurants on the waterfront.
- Palmizana is one of the Pakleni or Devil's Islands. It is the ideal location to moor for an expedition to the ancient port of Hvar town. Hvar town is a popular busy harbour. So, for a quiet nights sleep it's best to leave the yacht in Palmizana and use the water taxi. A colourful market, some great café's and waterside restaurants await you in Hvar.
- Vrboska to Milna - Once again we find a great swim stop on the coast of Brac before arriving at the port of Milna. This is a spectacular anchorage once used by Admiral Nelson to shelter his fleet and has one of the few remaining shipyards able to repair wooden fishing and sailing boats. A colourful waterfront and some good tavernas for our evening ashore.
- Milna to Split - Leaving Milna we sail off to Šolta for our lunchtime stop and final swim before setting course for Split, our final destination. The old town of Split is within the magnificent Diocletian Palace; cobbled streets with café's, restaurants and bars for your final night of the cruise.
Please contact us to start the conversation about your cruise.